Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hump Day Mini-Challenge #1- Spread a Little Sunshine

Last Sunday I got to have lunch with Mandy after church.

Ken & Katie had gone skiing and it's a rare time when I have just one kid.  We had a great time, but frankly I was tired.  I hadn't slept well the night before and I felt like I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.

Please note-
  nothing was actually wrong
 I was just in a funk.

Then a woman walked up to me out of the blue and said, 
"Y'know, that haircut is really flattering on you."

I was shocked.  I thanked her and smiled.  
And suddenly my heart was just a little lighter. 

Today I'm asking you to intentionally give a compliment to a stranger.

Tell them you like their outfit.

Tell a slightly frazzled mom that her kid is polite.

Anything you'd like to hear- throw it out there.  
I promise, the happiness will come back and hit you in the face.

Don't forget to do Challenge #1- you'll need this answer on Friday.

What's happening Friday, you ask?
Challenge #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment