Monday, February 11, 2013

Challenge #3- Fears BIG & Small

Today I have a little bit of homework for you.  Get out a pencil and paper and get ready.

I want you to separate your fears into two groups. 
 Just throw them all down on the paper- no editing allowed.

Group #1- BIG FEARS

These are the ones that haunt us and keep us up at night.  They are abstract and terrifying.  Our inner critic loves these fears and uses them against us all the time.

Fears in this category would be things like

"I'm afraid that not a good mom"

"I'm afraid that my husband doesn't love me"

"I'm afraid that I'm not a good enough______ (fill in the blank)"

Spill them all out on the page. 

Group #2- smaller fears

I'm only using the word "smaller" here because these fears might not affect your state of mind quite as often as the fears on the BIG list. 
(mostly because you've probably gotten very good at avoiding the items on this list)

In reality, these might be the fears that cause you to have a panic attack in public or break out in hives.

Fears in this category would be things like

"I'm afraid to ride an escalator"

"I'm terrified of spiders"

"I'm afraid of heights"

I encourage you to spend some time on these lists.  Maybe even add to them over a couple of days.  Don't be ashamed to write anything down.  You don't have to share any of these fears if you don't want to.  I'm only asking you to recognize them and acknowledge that they exist.

In Challenge #4 I'll tell you how to begin conquering these bad boys!





No comments:

Post a Comment